Thursday 4 September 2008

What's the Wordle....?



Although Wordle has been around for a while now I hadn't really paid too much attention to it. For those who don't know Wordle is an application that can analyse text in a document, web page etc and will create a neat graphic that represents the key words used. The larger the words the more frequently it occurs in the text. I pointed Wordle at my blog and got the results shown above (click on the image for a larger view).

It is quite interesting and actually helps me understand more about the impression I am making using my chosen words. For example I think I must use the phrase 'really great' a lot! Why not give it a try.

I am not sure how applicable this could be to a learning environment but if you have some examples I would love to know.

1 comment:

Scott D. McArthur said...

I like wordle and agree that it can surprise you when you use it. I have used it with clients and they love it!