Friday 9 May 2008

Nokia Sports Tracker







OK, this is not strictly related to L&D but it is something I wanted to share with you.


One of my stress coping mechanisms is running and this is something that I try really hard to maintain, running about 3 times a week. I find it is a great time to reflect and also to magically come up with a way forward for a problem or issue I am facing.


Being a bit of a tech freak I found that my mobile phone (a Nokia N95) has a fantastic facility for keeping track of your workouts. As the phone has built in GPS it can actually track your route and calculate a whole load of statistics.



Once you have completed your run (or cycle, walk, ski....) you then just upload it to the web. Here it gets even more interesting. You can then view other people's work outs in your area (or anywhere in the world). This has enabled me to discover some new running routes in my area that I otherwise would have not know about - brilliant!


You can view my log here and I have added a permanent link to my blog site.

If you do any regular form of running, cycling etc then I really can't recommend this highly enough.





1 comment:

Dan McCarthy said...

Chris -
Welcome to the blogosphere, and thanks for the link to Great Leadership. I'm glad to help out a new blogger and return the favor.